Brooks Robinson

Brooks Robinson

Sunday, April 18, 2010

100 X

NOTE TO SELF: Do not chaperone an overnight school trip 4 1/2 months pregnant. NOT a fun experience. However I will say it has been an enlightening one. IM DONE with extra school stuff. The "new people" can do it because I no longer fall into that category. I realized that all the extra I do/did was fine when i was a part of a childless couple...but i feel like when the baby comes its going to be all i can do to TEAR myself away from him long enough to do what I HAVE to do...let alone the "extra". Perhaps now my people pleasing attitude will have the courage to say "NO" and deny extra responsibilities, etc.

Also- I wil admit that 100x over I thought to myself I am SO THANKFUL this baby is a boy. Dont get me wrong..in the future I want a girl..but I would like to practice my parenting on a boy first. The boys merely had to shower, and be ready and were frankly glad I was feeding them...while the girls laid out 3 outfits, were late because the 4th outfit was the choice, whined over the food, and picked it over like they were doing an experiment on it. In their defense I have taught some of my FAVORITE kids who were girls...and these kids were all "out of their element"...but perhaps those things happened so God could show me he had a plan for my parenting and there was a specific choice he made to give me a boy first and that it wasn't mere happenstance.

I have never been so THANKFUL for Blake and all he does to help me and support me. I came home feeling VERY grateful and BLESSED and thankful it's over. Perhaps now my feet can return to being a normal portion of my body (so swollen... :-( )

No comments:

Post a Comment